Social media constitute one of the pillars of digital marketing. Business owners and digital marketers leverage social media opportunities to create brand awareness for their products and services. Through Social Media Marketing (SMM), digital marketers can reach out to highly targeted potential customers through direct and person-to-person engagement.
Businesses and digital marketers continue to ride the bandwagon and more than 50% are planning to increase their SMM budgets this year, writes digitalmarketingphilippines.
Digital marketers however should select the most appropriate social network to promote their kind of business to a particular kind of targeted audience. A simple guide is listed below, as presented by disruptiveadvertising.com.
- Facebook – You can reach out to almost any kind of general consumer, you just need to learn in what groups and pages your targeted customer stay frequently go to at Facebook.
- Twitter – If you’re trying to develop a new business and would want to reach out to early adopters, then Twitter may be for you, particularly in generating fast brand awareness.
- LinkedIn – Reaching out to professionals, business owners and other Business-to-Business (B2B) leads and targeted customers, then LinkedIn would be the perfect social network for you.
- Google+ – This is another good social network for reaching out to early adopters of new businesses as well as reaching out to the B2B and general social media user. Business owners should however learn how to make a good presence at Google+ as this may be a great factor that will influence how SEO will behave in the near future.
- Pinterest – This social network is great if you’re focusing on visuals for promoting your brands and products. Majority of users are also women so if these are your market, then SMM on Pinterest will be good for your business.
Social media marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing techniques for winning customers in today’s competitive and sophisticated business environment. What you need do is know the channels available and understand how they work so you can apply them in your digital marketing campaign.