Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships for Developing Country
Wells Mountain Foundation
Deadline: 1 March (annual)
Study in: any developing country
Course starts 2022
The Wells Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Level/Field(s) of study:
Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study but applications are encouraged from those interested in pursuing degrees that will best help their local communities – medicine & health sciences, community development, law, education, social work, business, information technology, agriculture and engineering.
Number of Scholarships:
There are about 50-60 scholarships available per year.
The scholarship is for citizens of developing countries.
The value of ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and they are given to beneficiaries throughout their undergraduate education. The average scholarship amount given to recipients is $1500. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
To be qualified to win the WMF scholarship you have to be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, and you should meet the following criteria:
- You must have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- You have to be 35 years of age or under on March 1, 2022 (or a specific date in the year you applied for the programme)
- You will be to studying in your country or another country in the developing world
- You should be pursuing your first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- You have to be enrolled in a program of study that will has to be of benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of your home country
- You must have plans to live and work in your own country after graduation
- You must have demonstrated your commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- You may have some other funds available for your education, but will not be able to go to pursue your tertiary degree without financial assistance
Instructions on how to application:
Candidates who are interested in applying for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or through postal mail to the Foundation’s office. As an applicant, it is very important for you to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: