A blog is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views on an individual subject. It is an online journal or informational website displaying information in the reverse chronological order, with latest posts appearing first.
A blogger is someone who runs and controls a blog.
Blogging in Nigeria has become very competitive even among women, but each blogger is creative and strives to have that unique factor that would always make you return to their blogs.
Some of these bloggers are popular and they provide content that serve as a public discussion and also attract advertisers.
Here is a list of Top 20 female bloggers in Nigeria:
1) Linda Ikeji is a blogger who started her blog, Lindaikeji.blogspot.com in 2006. Her style of writing is unique and always entertaining. Her blog publishes news and stories, including Celebrity gossips and political news that you can find only in her blog. She is one of the richest and famous blogger in Africa. Linda Ikeji is the face of blogging in Nigeria and “Linda Ikeji” comes to mind when you think about bloggers in Nigeria.
2) Uche Eze Pedro: Uche Eze is the CEO of Bella Naija and one of the best and successful bloggers in Nigeria. Her publications include an in depth coverage of the Nigerian fashion, lifestyle and entertainment. She is a role model to many and has inspired many new bloggers.
3) Stella Dimoko Korkus: Stella Dimoko Korkus is a Nigerian female blogger. Her blog covers the entertainment, gossip, events, inspiration, lifestyle, fashion, news. She has grown over the years to become a fearless journalist and her blog stelladimokokorkus.com speaks alot about that.
4) Kemi Filani: Kemi Fulani’s blog provide Nigerians with alot of celebrating fashion styles and latest news on fashion trends. Her blog kemifilani.com also provides useful news. Her writing is great, entertaining and her publications are always engaging. Her blog is one of the most visited blogs in Nigeria and her writing style is unique.
: Emeh Achanga always has something amazing and fascinating to say to her readers. She is the owner of misspetitenigeria which she launched in 2012. She publishes stories in entertainment, lifestyle, Nigerian news. She is a good writer and she provides a wealth of information for Nigerian readers.
6) Ladun Liadi (Oladunni): She is the founder of Ladunliadi blog. Her blog talks about celebrities, fashion, politics. It has latest gifts and gossips in the entertainment industry in Nigeria. Her blog is engaging and entertaining and full of juicy stories.
7) Laila Ijeoma: Laila Ijeoma is a former banker who left her banking career to focus on her blog. She has shown that blogging is a lucrative career. She is one of the most popular bloggers in Nigeria. Her blog LailasBlog.com covers celebrities gifts, politics, fashion tips, gossips, lifestyle etc.
8) Tobi Ayeni: Tobi Ayeni is one of the female Nigerian bloggers. She studied Banking and Finance at covenant university. Tobi Ayeni is the founder of missitechy a technology blog which has grown rapidly since its launch.
9) Laura Ikeji: She is the younger sister of ‘Linda Ikeji’. Following her elder sister’s footstep, she has grown to be one of the most popular fashion blogger in Africa. She began her blog in 2015 and since then it has grown to be one of the most visited blogs in Nigeria.
10) Yemisi Aiyedun: Also known as Sisi Yemmie, is a famous Nigerian blogger. She shares fashion tips, lifestyle, food and restaurant reviews on her blog. Her blog is unique due to her natural approach to different topics. Her blog is engaging and entertaining.
11) Myne Whitman: Myne Whitman is a Nigerian Female blogger. Her blogs are amazing and she has a way of preparing you for her stories especially on romance. Her blogs Romancemeetslife and mynewhitmanwrites are insightful and also entertaining.
12) Ono Bello: She is the founder of Onobello.com an online magazine that features beauty, fashion, shows. She talks about beauty inspiration, documents daily fashion and her fashion styles and vibrant colours are lovable.
13) Jemimah Fabian: She is one of the top female creative bloggers in Nigeria. Her mission is to discover nature and promote talented people in Nigeria. She has a passion for blogging and has created a name for herself.
14) Chidinmma umeh: She is the founder of ThatIgbochick blog. She shows her interest in fashion and makeup and also facial cosmetics. Every lover of make-up would love her blog. She is entertaining and engaging.
15) Chioma Iwunze: Chioma Iwunze is into creative writing and she has done well for herself with her blog creativewritingnews. she shares tips on how to be a good writer, and blogs about writing for inspiration, motivation and encouragement. If you want to learn how to write, then Chioma’s blog is for you.
16) Osemhen Akhibi: She is the founder of Eurekanaija, which is informative and motivating. She writes about the process of becoming a good writer and what it takes to be a good writer.
17) Temilola Balogun Akinmuda: She is a mother who blogs about her personal parenting. She talks about her parenting strategies and stories and she is an inspiration to mothers. Her blog is typically for parents, newlyweds and people who want information on parenting.
18) Tosin Ajibade: Also known as Olori super girl. She is famous for her entertaining site and lifestyle. She has a degree in accounting from Lagos State University and has received numerous awards, and nominations including:
a ) YNaija’s 100 most influential women in Nigeria in 2014
- b) Leading ladies Africa in 2015.
She created her blog and has slowly become one of the most reputable blogs in Nigeria.
19 ) Shola Okubote: She created woman.ng, a blog that focuses on issues affecting women in general. She also blogs about her personal experiences and other women’s experiences that are willing to share on the site.
20) kunbi Odubogun: She is the founder and editor-in-chief of ‘Aisle perfect’, an international wedding blog that provides inspiration to engaged couples and their bridal party. She is an attorney at Elderstein and Grossman, a full-service Law firm in New York. Her blog is dedicated to providing romantic inspiration to brides.
Compiled by Teniola Egbuwalo