Another tragic fire incident occurred in Anambra in the early hours of Friday October 18, as three female workers who were sleeping in a beer parlour were burnt to death.
The cause of the fire incident at the beer parlour named ‘Padded Joint’ at Ezekwuabo Otolo Nnewi, close to St. Thomas Anglican Church (Akwudo) is now yet known, but it was learnt that it began by 3:00am.
The police commissioner in the state, John Abang who confirmed the incident said the owner of the drinking joint has been arrested and she has made useful statement.
“It’s a drinking joint and the waiters who do sleep over in the joint lost their lives. Very unfortunate”, he said.
This is the third fire incident in 48 hours in Anambra State.