Residents of Ibokun, Ibokun Local Government Area of Osub State have been in serious confusion after an alleged food poison claimed three lives.
It was gathered that the three died after eating yam flour, also known as Amala in the local parlance.
About eight people were said to have consumed the local delicacy, with four of them still lying critically I’ll in the hospital.
The corpses of the deceased have since been deposited at the morgue belonging to the Osun State General Hospital at Asubiaro in Osogbo, for further medical investigation.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Health in the state, Dr Rafiu Isamotu, when contacted, said the situation was under control.
Isamotu opined that there was no cause for alarm as all necessary mechanism had been put in place to unravel the real cause of the incident.
He added that preliminary investigation had revealed that the family members had been eating from the same yam flour in the past weeks and that the poison in the food could be in the stew.
Source – Daily Post