Sad! President of Rotary Club International Dies of Phone Triggered Gas Cylinder Explosion

Tragedy struck in Osogbo when the President of Rotary Club International, Olori Opeyemi Omobolawa Fola, died as result of gas explosion in triggered off by a mobile phone.

This happened barely 48 hours after a gas cylinder explosion triggered by a phone call, killed three people in Sagamu, Ogun State.

The sad incident happened on Wednesday December 13, 2017. The trained senior nurse who was also the President, Rotary Club International, GRA, Osogbo, was said to have gone to the popular Grace Gas, Osogbo, to refill her cylinder, when she suddenly had a call and brought out her phone from her pocket.

According to an eyewitness, the phone exploded instantly, set the woman and her car on fire, flung the cylinder to a far distance. Some others were also said to have been seriously injured as a result of the explosion.

(lodgerill.com)

READ ALSO  New Loved Up Photo Of Singer May D & His Swedish Beautiful Girlfriend, Carolina Wassmuth

The Author

Chinenye Nwabueze

Nwabueze is a communication researcher with several years of lecturing experience in Nigerian universities.

1 Comment

Add a Comment
  1. Too bad…More caution should be applied…Everyone needs to know about this danger(taking phnoe to the kitchen..May her soul rest in God’s Bossom.. Thanks for this info…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *