The broadcast media landscape in Imo State, which is regulated by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) comprises of six private stations, two government-owned and two owned by higher institutions. These radio stations are as follows:
1. Heartland FM; 100.5 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN). Slogan: Voice of the Eastern Heartland. Established in 2003.
2. Orient FM; 94.4 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Imo Broadcasting Corporation. Slogan: The Clearest Voice East of the Niger. Established in 1976.
3. Hot FM; 99.5 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Spectrum Broadcasting Limited. Slogan: Blazing the Trail. Since January 2018, it changed to ‘More than just Radio’. Established in 2010.
4. Zanders FM; 105.7 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Stable Media International Limited. Slogan: … And the Beat Goes On. Established in 2015.
5. Megaband FM; 97.3 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Protech Global Technology Limited. Slogan: Revolving around you with a difference and excellence. Established in 2015.
6. My Radio FM; 101.1 MHz; Akabo. Owned by Ideal Media Independent Broadcasting Network Limited. Slogan: What radio should be. Established in 2016.
7. Darling FM; 107 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Darl Capital System Limited.
8. Federal Polynek FM; 103.2 MHz; Nekede. Owned by Federal Polytechnic, Nekede.
9. IMSU Star FM; 90.9 MHz; Owerri. Owned by Imo State University.
10. Gold FM – 89.3 Owerri, Owned by Ideal Media Independent Broadcasting Network Limited.
Compiled by ANTHONY ONYIMA
ALSO SEE Approved Campus Radio Stations in the Southeastern States of Nigeria
Please where is the address of this radio station ?
Ojimba radio FM is not here and it is 106.1fm
OJIMBA 106.1 FM ORLU
Owned and operates by Ojimba Center
Executive Director – Ojimba Ifeanyi Davies