Compiled by Mmesoma Okoye
Anambra state has a thriving print media landscape with city newspapers commanding good market share in Awka, Onitsha, and Nnewi. Publishers of local (or city) newspapers know how best to get contents that appeal to readers. Here’s a list of the most popular city newspapers in Onitsha.
1. The Bridge – Based in GRA Nkisi,Onitsha -Publish by New Crest Publisher-Editor-in-chief – Okechukwu Anene.
2. National Light – Owned by
Anambra State – Published daily. Editor- Rose Oranye.
3. The Orient Daily – Owned by Mr.
Godwin Ezeemo – Published daily Editor – Chris Okeke
4. The Mail News -Publish by Globe Media Ventures,Lagos, Editor- in- chief Collins Igbokwe
5. Oracle Today – Based in
Onitsha – Published daily
6. The Dove – Published by Catholic
Adoration Ministry, Uke – Published
7. Outlook – Owned by Catholic
Church (Nnewi Archdiocese) –
8. Lampad Christi – Owned by
Anglican Communion, Aguata –
9. Our Nation – owned by Catholic
Church (Onitsha Archdiocese) –
10. Niger Times- Owned by Anglican Communion, Publish Monthly, Editor- Alex Uzoigwe
11. Trinitas Newspaper – This is another publication popular among readers in Onitsha and beyond.
She failed to add Trinitas newspaper which is making waves now.
This is good!
Nice one dear
I rep Niger Times…. That’s my diocesan newspaper