Do through this piece posted online by realsammie on nairaland.com. It could be useful to you at least for knowledge sake. But some of the facts are questionable. For instance, the first fact is not exactly correct. Gambia has more than one University. If you browse you can confirm it. But this is a rich list of facts about Africa you need to look at.
- Gambia has only one university.2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in 2011 (This fact is nolonger correct. People like Oscar are earning far more than this in China)
6. A person from Botswana is called a
Motswana, the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called a Mosotho.
8. A person from Niger is called a Nigerien. A person from Burkina Faso is called a Burkinabe.
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in European competition.
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city in Africa.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for
Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee
16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for fighting for freedom.
17. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born 1924.
18. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%)
Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).
19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than England and USA.
20. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7,2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy Award winners in Africa.
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China’s.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaiah Afwerki is the least richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country.
Is there any of the facts you think is wrong or overtaken by events. Or Is there any ‘wacky’ fact you want to add? For instance, someone added number 26 to the list and said Nigeria is the country with the highest average hours of Black out per day.