The Nigerian Army holds a lot of opportunities for graduates in the country. There exists so much prospects for people with University degrees and diplomas from polytechnic to achieve their dreams in the Nigerian Army.
The Nigerian Army is part of the Nigerian Armed Forces. In fact, it is the largest of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Members of the Nigerian Army have a lot of respect among other armed forces and members of the public. They undergo a lot of training that make them to stand out amongst the other military agencies.
There are several career prospects in the Army. It’s not all about infantry brigade. You can become an army lawyer, doctor, engineer, architect, public relations officer, or any other career option. So how can you join the Nigerian army as a graduate? Here’s the information you need.
How To Join Nigerian Army As A Graduate
There are two different ways you can use to join the Nigerian Army.
Through the Nigeria Defence Academic program, and
Through the Direct Short Service Commission.
Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
To join the Nigerian Army as a graduate, you will have to apply for the Nigerian Army DSSC. This is a 6 months program or training designed by the Nigerian Army to take in some combatant and able men who finished from The Higher institutions either University or Polytechnic. As a graduate who wishes to join the Nigerian Army you can apply through the DSSC.
The application form for the DSSC is released annually by the Nigerian Army. Anyone who is interested in joining the Nigerian Army can apply through this means.
DSSC Requirements For Joining Nigerian Army
Below are the DSSC requirements for joining Nigerian Army. The applicant must
1. Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. Be between the Age of 22 and 28 Years.
3. Must be medically and physically fit.
4. Measure not less than 1.68m (Male),1.65m(female)
5. Must not have been convicted by any Court of Law,.
6. Possess a minimum of not less than second class lower division from a recognized university or HND from a recognized polytechnic and not less than lower credit.
7. Applicant must for the Armed Forces must have completed their NYSC Scheme or provide a letter of exemption.
8. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by A hospital Court or National population commission.
9. Possess a certificate of State of Origin.
10. You must be recommended by at least two recognized referees who must attest to the applicants character and Integrity.
How To Apply Nigerian Army Recruitment
Like we pointed out above, the application portal is opened annually for applications. The application portal is http://nigerianarmy.ml. All application processes and requirements are stated on the website. Follow the guidelines and apply.
The applicants are invited to sit for an aptitude test exams.
Furthermore, the successful candidates are shortlisted and invited for screening. This screening involves physical, mental and health screening.
Finally, the successful candidates will be enlisted for recruitment
Now that you have this information all you need do is follow this process and you’re on your way to achieving your dream in the Nigerian Army.