The Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) is one of the professional bodies for practitioners in the communication sector. People who have the desire to excel in public communications and relationship management often search for information on how could could become members of NIPR. Well this piece provides a clear simple guide on how you can join the NIPR and who is eligible to become a member.
How To Join NIPR
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Nigeria Institute of Public Relations, read the following Q & A:
- How can I become a member of the Institute?
Answer: Obtain the Chapter’s application form along with that of National. National form is N10,000.00 while that of Chapters do vary. Completed forms are to be returned with photocopies of credentials and colour passport and other relevant materials. Would be members must join a Chapter first before they are accepted and accredited by the National body.
- Membership Criteria?
Answer: All entrants must hold any of the following qualifications:
- i) The Institute’s Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations. * The exams are in three stages (Two of Certificate and one Diploma) and each contains five papers;
- ii) CAM Foundation Certificate and Diploma in Communications Studies and Public Relations;
iii) British Institute of Public Relations Membership Diploma;
- iv) Business Education Examinations Council (BEEC) Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations; and
- v) B. A., B.Sc., H.N.D., MA, Msc, or PhD in Public Relations; B.Sc., B.A. (Mass Communications), M.B.A. with major/specialization in Public Relations; or any recognized equivalent qualification.
- What grade am I likely to start with?
Answer: The grade depends on the combination of your academic qualifications, experience in and exposure to PR functions. However, you are likely to be enrolled as a Student, Graduate, Affiliate or Associate member.