Former TV Producer Left Brain Damaged After One Bite Of Chicken

A woman left brain damaged after eating just one mouthful of chicken while on holiday has returned home after five years.
Amy May Shead suffered a severe allergic reaction to nuts after eating the chicken dish while on holiday in Budapest, Hungary.

The former ITV producer, 31, has been in and out of care homes since the incident in 2014, with round the clock care required.

Amy May Shead has returned home after spending the last five years in care homes (Pic: SWNS)

But this month, she was finally able to return home after an annex was specially built at the family home in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex.
Her aunt, Julie Martin, said her parents Roger and Sue Shead are “over the moon” to have Amy return home at last.
She said: “They’ve longed for her to come home.

“They’ve wanted her to come home for a long time but it’s challenging to get someone discharged with a care package.

Amy May Shead was working as a producer when the incident happened on holiday (Pic: SWNS)

“She’s wheelchair-bound, she’s unable to talk, she can’t see and can’t care for herself but she understands.

“She has a really great sense of humour and a will to work at her therapies which is really rewarding to see.”
Amy was just 26 years old and on holiday with pals when she suffered the severe reaction while out at dinner.

She had managed her allergy all her life and even showed restaurant staff a card printed in the local language that explained she could have a serious reaction.

Source: Daily Star

The Author

Chinenye Nwabueze

He is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, COOU, (formerly Anambra State University), Igbariam Campus.

50 Comments

Add a Comment
  1. I really feel sorry for her

  2. I feel sorry for her

  3. ezeh vivian chinaecherem

    so sorry for her!

  4. Okonkwo Isioma Jane

    Very bad

  5. Nwazuloke Micheal

    I feel sorry for her

  6. This is so heartbreaking

  7. Udogu Ogechi Victory

    This is too bad.

  8. Aguinam-Ojukwu Faustina

    So heartbreaking

  9. Egbuwalo Teniola Glory

    This is so sad…. Allergies can be so bad atimes.

  10. Nwufo Vivian chidimma

    This is terrible

  11. Thank God she has finally returned to her home.

  12. Okonkwo chukwunonso

    I pray she come back home to her family well and healthy

  13. Very painful experience five years and still wheelchair bound …. Its well

  14. Onuorah Adaeze Chidimma

    Omg This is really sad I feel sorry for her condition oooo

  15. All this from a chicken? The didn’t even eat it that much….

  16. oluoha chinelo lorita

    so sorry dear…u will be healed sooner than u think

  17. Lazarus Kelvin chidiebube

    Very sorry

  18. This is so sad, I pray she gets better soon

  19. happiness chidume

    this is too bad.I feel so sorry for her.Name happiness .c.chidume

  20. What because of chicken!! If nah for 9ja now dey go talk say na your village people dey follow you.

  21. Wonders shall never end……lord pls heal her

  22. what a pity.

  23. Sad story

  24. Hmmmm…..chicken wey person dey chop every time……

  25. Onwusereaka Rejoice Kelechi

    This world is something else.

  26. ehyaa!!!am sure her parents missed her so much.

  27. OBI OGECHI EMMANUELLA

    wow, so dear

  28. Nwakile Maureen Uzoma

    I feel for her career,but brain damage after one bite of chicken is hilarious

  29. That chicken must have been poisoned, sad

  30. Ezeakudo Mirabel Chinelo

    Awww So sad
    Ezeakudo Mirabel Chinelo

  31. Nwabuoku Sandra Chioma

    Smh… This is ridiculous

  32. Omenuko Adaobi Promise

    Strange

  33. Ibrh Ifunanya Cynthia

    Wow, ordinary chicken….

  34. Ibrh Ifunanya Cynthia

    Wow..Ordinary chicken

  35. Iloegbunem Emily Ebele

    Strange! Very strange… We have to beware of chicken then…

    Emily Ebele

  36. Ezenwajiugo Somto

    Chai
    just a bite?!!
    And she knows she’s allergic

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *