This comes as a fire, also suspected to have started from an electrical fault, gutted part of Hatzell High School blocks in Mutare two weeks ago.
No one was injured in the Guinea Fowl High School fire incident which broke out at around 5PM on Tuesday.
Gweru City Council public relations officer, Mr Manford Gambiza told the Chronicle that the local authority’s Fire Brigade quickly responded and managed to put out the fire.
“We were quite responsive as it took us 10 minutes to go and put out the fire. There was extensive damage to property. We suspect an electric fault.”
The six teachers and their families have since been allocated temporary shelter in the school dormitories since they are vacant as learners are on holiday.
Midlands Provincial Education Director, Reverend Tedious Matienga said no one was injured in the incident.
The fire broke out at around 5PM on Tuesday.
Rev Matienga said they were still assessing the extent of the damage caused by the fire.
“I can confirm that we have received report of a fire outbreak at Guinea Fowl High School. I can safely confirm that fortunately there were no fatalities. However, we are still investigating the extent of the damage. I could not travel to the school today due to other pressing commitments,” he said.