There are still very determined Nigerians who never allow their environment to deter them from achieving their dreams. They are innately smart and constantly challenge their convictions, reshape them and allow them to grow proportionally with their new experiences. They know what stuff they are made of so they are always on the lookout for the next opportunity to breakthrough and breakout millions of ambitious young people from slavish mentality to entrepreneurship creativity and freedom. This is a very small group of young rare-breed Nigerians and one man you will find here is Ronald Ikenna Nzimora, Nigeria’s most inspiring digital marketer.
Ronald is a serial entrepreneur, copywriter, direct response marketing strategist, business coach, investor, social media influencer and author. He is a founding Partner of Digital Nexus Interactive, Nigeria’s fastest growing digital marketing agency. Ronald is also the founder and CEO of Profit Marketing Systems Limited, one of Nigeria’s top digital marketing and publishing firms. The beauty of this story is not actually in what Ronald is today but in how he got to where he is presently. That is the interesting part of his story that makes Ronald the unique personality he is. You can read his complete biography here but just take a look at some quick amazing facts you may not know about this influential marketing psychologist.
1. He is from Ihiala, in Anambra State.
2. He almost became a Catholic priest but pulled out after 6 years of training in seminary school to attend a conventional university.
3. His mother inspired him into greatness while he was in primary school after she bought him Late General Mamman Vatsa’s books to read.
4. The first time he knew he would become a publisher was while still in primary school.
5. Reading Late General Mamman Vatsa’s books made him develop interest in reading and writing.
6. He enrolled to study Agricultural Economics in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, in 2003 but dropped out in his final year in 2007 to begin his journey into the entrepreneurship world.
7. He failed in several businesses he did before 2008 among which are cassava business, a phone business, and owning a ‘pathetic’ business center. He also failed in some other early attempts at business such as article writing, affiliate marketing via adworefood chds, and newsletter publishing which he did between 2003 – 2007.
8. An article he read in Success Digest magazine inspired him to develop the business idea that eventually made him a millionaire.
9. He borrowed his sister’s laptop in 2007 to start the business that eventually made him a millionaire tech giant.
10. His sister’s laptop which was the only office equipment he had while starting out broke down as he was using it to burn the first set of CDs containing information products which he sold by hand.
11. He started an information marketing company in 2008 with his ‘last card’ which was N960.
12. His first income was about N35,000 after selling information CDs by hand to people in Lagos.
13. He had a nightmarish experience in 2007 after making over $2000 which he lost as his PayPal account was frozen was suddenly frozen.
14. He borrowed N5000 from his younger sister to attend an information marketing business workshop in April 2008 which was organized by Dr. Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase.
15. After attending the information marketing workshop in 2008 he started an information product which failed almost immediately after he started it.
16. He is a best-selling author. Some of his most sought-after books are I Will Teach You Business, (2019), Sell Your Brain (2016), and Triangle of Profits (2016).
17. He gave out the first 20,000 copies of his book, Sell Your Brain, free of charge and made $31,000 from those ‘free’ copies.
18. He established BuyWell Properties, in 2018 and hit profits almost immediately even when the company did not have logo, brand colors, slogan/catchphrase/tagline.
19. He has a thriving YouTube channel where he teaches business skills and mentorship lessons.
20. He is among Nigeria’s leading twitter influencers with thousands of followers and some of the most controversial rants on topical issues.