Tragedy struck on Tuesday, June 13 at the Rivers State University, Port-Harcourt when a female student was electrocuted by a high tension cable of the PHED which had fallen close to the school main gate.
National Helm reported that the female student whose body was found lying lifeless close to the schools main gate shuttle park died while trying to move across a pool of water after a heavy rain that started in the early hours of Tuesday.
It was reported that the pool of water she was trying to get across had a high tension wire in it as a result of a pole that fell on Monday, June 12. But the deceased had no idea there was a wire in the water.”
It was also reported that men of the PHED were contacted on Monday, the day the electric pole fell but all efforts to get them address the situation proved unsuccessful.