MassMediaNG

Information Hub of the Nigerian Mass Media

Watch Video Of Conor McGregor’s Submission To Khabib Nurmagomedov In UFC Lightweight Fight

 

If you’ve not watched the Conor McGgregor versus Khabib Nurmagomedov fight, here’s the best video which shows the submission of McGregor by tap out in what is arguably the biggest event in UFC history.

McGregor was consigned to his second UFC defeat by Khabib who won the lightweight fight by submission in the fourth round.

McGregor has appeared to confirm a rematch is on the cards after he was attacked by Khabib Nurmagomedov’s friends in disgusting scenes in Las Vegas at UFC 229, last weekend.

That’s despite claims that Khabib ‘wants to beat Conor and retire’ and ‘walk off into the sunset’, according to former heavyweight Brendan Schaub.

Khabib won the lightweight fight by submission in the fourth round to consign McGregor to his second UFC defeat.

But the win was totally overshadowed by the sickening moments that followed afterwards – when Khabib stormed out of the octagon and his associates crashed in.

Khabib himself leapt out to attack Bellator fighter Dillon Danis, one of McGregor’s closest allies in the camp, who trains jujitsu with him. Danis was then escorted out of the arena by police.

After Khabib scaled the octagon and jumped in the crowd, McGregor ran over to where the Russian’s camp were.

McGregor himself tried to jump out the octagon but he was pulled back by a member of security. It’s then where McGregor appears to strike out and punch one of Khabib’s team.

It is at that moment when Khabib’s team-mates Zubaira Tukhugov and Islam Makhachev jumped into the octagon and went for McGregor.

UFC president Dana White refused to hand over the belt to Russian Khabib and later revealed three men had been arrested.

The president said: “Three of his [Khabib’s] guys have been arrested and taken to jail. The three guys that were involved in the incident, I believe it was those three, have been arrested and taken to jail right now.”

Before the night was out, however, all three men were released after McGregor declined to press charges.

McGregor has appeared to confirm that a rematch is now on the cards with a post from his official Twitter account on Sunday. He wrote: “Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.”

His urge to fight again appeared to be reiterated today when he showed off a black eye in a new update. Alongside the picture McGregor said: “We lost the match but won the battle. The war goes on.”

After a lengthy delay in the early hours of Sunday morning, Nurmagomedov eventually addressed a media conference at the T-Mobile Arena.

“First of all I want to say sorry to athletic commission Nevada, to Vegas, I know this is not my best side. This is not my best side,” he said.

For more, see express.co.uk

The Author

Chinenye Nwabueze

He is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, COOU, (formerly Anambra State University), Igbariam Campus.

1 Comment

Add a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MassMediaNG © 2018
%d bloggers like this: