The media (newspaper) landscape in Anambra State is dominated by faith-based newspapers. The proliferation of these local newspapers is as a result of technological advancements, democratic environment which encourages free speech and the desire of the different religious denominations to manage the minds of their adherents. The local newspapers are as follows:
1. National Light, owned by Anambra State. Published daily.
2. The Orient Daily, owned by Mr. Godwin Ezeemo, published daily.
3. The Oracle Today based in Onitsha. Published daily.
4. FIDES, owned by Catholic Church (Awka Archdiocese). Weekly
5. Our Nation, owned by Catholic Church (Onitsha Archdiocese). Bi-weekly.
6. Trinitas Newspaper, owned by Catholic Church (Onitsha Archdiocese). Weekly.
7. Outlook, owned by Catholic Church (Nnewi Archdiocese). Weekly.
8. Niger Times, owned by Anglican Communion (Onitsha). Weekly
9. The Dove published by Catholic Adoration Ministry, Uke. Monthly.
10. Sure Anchor Newspaper, owned by Anglican Communion ( Amichi). Monthly.
11. Donac Pilot, owned by Anglican Communion (Nnewi). Weekly
12. Together, owned by Anglican Communion (Awka). Irregular.
13. Anambra Times. Periodically
14. Vintage based in Nnewi
15. National Link based in Nnewi
16. National Vision based in Nnewi
17. New breed based in Onitsha
18. The Lamb, published monthly by Anglican Communion, Ihiala.
19. Lampada Christi, published monthly by Anglican Communion, Aguata
Compiled by ANTHONY ONYIMA