MassMediaNG

Information Hub of the Nigerian Mass Media

Cooking Gas Explosion Kills Pretty UNICAL Graduate Awaiting NYSC

A fresh Computer Science graduate of the University of Calabar, Cross River State, Mildred Amadi, reportedly died Saturday, January 12, from injuries she sustained in a cooking gas explosion which occurred on the 27th of December, 2018.


According to her cousin, Mildred, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, 2019, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu rumuiwechiorlu, Port harcourt, Rivers state.

While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.

READ ALSO: HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL ADVERTISING AGENCY IN NIGERIA

But the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. As he ignited it, there was an explosion and Mildred was badly affected.

She was later rushed to Bridgestone Hospital, Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt, where she died Saturday morning.

READ ALSO: LINDA IKEJI WRITES INSPIRATIONAL PIECE ON HER ROAD TO SUCCESS! YOU SHOULD READ THIS

According to the cousin, Mildred, the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to make her hair but her mom persuaded her to, so that she would look good.
The incident has thrown her entire family and friends into a state of mourning.

READ ALSO  Horrifyingly Realistic Puppy-Shaped Ice-Cream Made By Taiwanese Cafe Goes Viral (VIDEO)

The Author

Chinenye Nwabueze

He is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, COOU, (formerly Anambra State University), Igbariam Campus.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MassMediaNG © 2018
%d bloggers like this: